I now work for myself. Which means I have to relearn a whole lot of skills which have lain dormant (if they existed at all) because for over 15 years I have had staff and teams of people to work with, to get projects over the line. Now, it is just me. Oh, and I am partnering with my mother – which is working out very well.
But in reality, if I need business cards I have to order them. Oh, and before I order them I have to design them. If I need a meeting booked, or documents copied/formatted/tarted up – yep, me again. Travel booked? Me again. So I am digging deep and relearning a whole lotta stuff which floated away over the last 15 years.
I am learning lots of other things too:
- where to find free wifi in Wellington – a growing list
- where to find good coffee
- where to find a combination of the first two things
- I like to work in the evening, mornings not so much
- I faff around if I don’t have a lot to do
- in order to grow my client base I am drinking a lot of coffee and tea (refer once again to the first two bullet points)
- I can work pretty much anywhere
- my skills are pretty transferable
- I like having the ability to say – I am not working on Thursday
I think this is going to work out.
This weekend I got to work here…..it was very, very nice….