After a wonderful weekend in Auckland it was back to reality with a thump on Sunday. We had a great time in the big smoke and managed to eat and drink our way through the city. The weather was fabulous. There is something to be said for going north and shedding a couple of layers and your winter coat for a couple of days.
If you are looking for some good spots to eat and drink, here are my three recommendations:
– High Tea at The Langham. This was an amazing experience. I love a good High Tea, and this was the best one I have had so far. The food was fabulous, the setting was gorgeous and the service – AMAZING. It was great value and included all the tea and coffee you could drink. We started off with the savoury components on a three tiered stand. This was followed by all you can eat sweets from the sweet trolley. By the time you get to this stage though, it is pretty hard to squeeze much more in. I can’t recommend High Tea at The Langham more. Here are a couple of pics
– Breakfast at Federal and Wolfe. Stunning food, great coffee, attentive service. What more can you ask for first thing in the morning. I really like it when there are lots of vegetarian options – other than just eggs on toast. This place had lentils, corn fritters, the obligatory eggs – and more.
– We finished off with tapas at Bellota. By this stage I had run out of puff in the photo taking stakes. But, if you love tapas you must check out Bellota. Fantastic food, we really enjoyed it. Great staff, and they had a guitarist playing the whole time we were there. It pays to get there early though, when we were leaving there were groups being turned away.
I am still noting things I am thankful and grateful in my day to day life. Clearly, my weekend with my sisters and mum is up there. So here goes:
14. Spending time with family
15. Soaking in the sun – in the middle of winter
16. Being able to participate in such wonderful dining experiences
17. Catching up with a dear friend – it is amazing how the clock resets even after time apart.